I'm Mrs. Daugherty!
I am looking forward to a great year with you all! We cover quite a variety of things in the lab: typing, coding, navigating Google Docs, Slides and Sheets, as well as supporting skills your student is learning in their classroom.
I've set up links to some of the frequently used sites so your students can explore their favorite sites to their heart’s content. I hope you and your students enjoy exploring these sites after school and over the school breaks. The 2nd tab, Lab Links are broken down by topics for easy access for learning and fun.
Reminder...this is a school website and all projects must be school appropriate. Have fun, be creative and enjoy.
- Grades K-2, we focus on learning the keyboard and proper finger placement.
- Grades 3-5: Focus is on gaining speed and accuracy. Typing Club create account using WSD3 Google info.
- Coding Involves:
- problem solving
Google Docs, Sheets and Slide presentations: Login is the WSD3 Google account info.
- Grades 2-5 will be creating docs, a graph project on sheets and a slide presentation.
- We incorporate inserting and resizing pictures, fonts, correct punctuation and spacing, and using bullet points and numbers. Students will learn to insert links and videos to their projects.
- When finished with their Slides presentation we also add slide transition & picture animation. The then learn how to share their projects safely.
Internet Safety is covered and built upon each year for grade appropriateness. Here are a few examples:
Supporting teachers in classroom projects and reinforcing curriculum based skills is an integral part of the lab.